How do I remove Anemone from large crusted rock?

cgoochce

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2024
Messages
30
Reaction score
29
Location
California USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re growing and spreading out of control.
How do I remove Anemone from a large crusted rock?
I would like to move them to another tank.

Please help!
 
A lot of options, best is nem cannon if you're patient. Point a wavemaker or something at them to make em move. I've used a plastic butter knife to pry up under their foot, once you get under, you can usually pry them up slowly. Take the rock out and hang it over a bucket, they'll eventually loosen up and fall off. Some people say ice their foot, that has never worked for me.
 
Upvote 0
If you're not in love with the rock, I've found that the quickest and easiest way -- as long as you're careful doing it -- is to chisel the anemones out of the rock. Of course, it destroys the rock, but assuming they're BTAs, they're usually buried deep instead rock crevices and no other method works efficiently.
 
Upvote 0
A lot of options, best is nem cannon if you're patient. Point a wavemaker or something at them to make em move. I've used a plastic butter knife to pry up under their foot, once you get under, you can usually pry them up slowly. Take the rock out and hang it over a bucket, they'll eventually loosen up and fall off. Some people say ice their foot, that has never worked for me.
A Wave Maker, now why didn’t I think of that.
Thanks Aaron75
 
Upvote 0

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new