How do montipora grow?

PapaFishRocks

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 17, 2023
Messages
484
Reaction score
612
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Encrusting monti on a plug and now I see a couple of inches away, another growing.

How does that happen? One of my crabs drag a small piece over there?

(Ignore all the bubble algae ;))

IMG_5684.jpeg
 
I like your original title, "How do Montipora grow?"

I had a coral that was touching the back glass in my reef and I know it was because it started growing and now there is a ~5 inch circle of encrusting coral on that wall with the center of the growth has a dime sized empty spot, I guess that part got ripped away when I rearranged the rocks? I didn't realize it had grown there until I was cleaning up the tank and moving things around and found it.

God makes life, and growth is an indication of that process, it would seem? I'm gonna see if I can get a picture of the swirl of growth...
 
IMG_5189.jpeg

Crappie photo and the copperband swam in to get a closer look. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
I really need a good camera and viewing box to capture a proper picture. Sorry
IMG_5188.jpeg

This one has the center hole visible.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new