Is this Montipora happy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DmitryB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DmitryB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2026
Messages
1,225
Reaction score
953
Location
Hunter, NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I accidentally got a Forrest Fire Montipora Digitata (I think?) as a frag. It's been sitting at the top of my IM 40 waiting for IM 170 to be ready. I've got Radions running on it. I'm seeing this growth on the bottom of it. Those two "feet" sticking out were not there before. So is it growing/encrusting? What is the proper terminology? I still have it on a frag plug, was waiting to attach to a rock once it was inside 170, but maybe it's time to move it to something more than a plug?

IMG_7820.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 32 31.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new