New montipora, how is it looking?

rusty shackleford yes

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Messages
196
Reaction score
182
Location
austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, the other day I purchased a piece of liverock with a colony of montipora on it for 20$ at one of my LFS. For whatever reason it was in the 20$ frag section when it should have been in the 40$ area but the workers were very nice, so I got it for 20$!
Now, I was just wondering if there’s anything I could do to keep it thriving. Currently it & the rock are quite high up in the water column, around where my other SPS are. It has medium flow, a bit weaker than my other SPS get though.

IMG_8845.jpeg


Here’s a picture from yesterday, it’s been opening up finally! The hair algae that was growing on it at the LFS is being eaten/dying off thankfully. This piece of liverock also has a peanut worm living in it!

But yeah, I’d love any advice from anyone who sees anything wrong with it
 
It looks rough but it will come around, that red monti is a weed. I agree with you to keep it in medium light and flow and it should come back soon IMO. good luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new