How do u kill GSP?

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bet your hating that guy/gal that told u to put in tank when you were new!?! Sorry I have no input on eradication:( think that and some others should be classified as invasive and not allowed to be sold like some plants.

BUMP

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used some dental picks/tools I bought at a swap meet to pull some off an old rock. Once you get it started it will pull off pretty easy. Get underneath it with the tool like a crowbar and slowly pull it up off the rock. If you can get the rock out of the tank it will be much easier. Take your time because if it tears and you don't get it all it will grow back.

OP
OP
CaliforniaCrisp

CaliforniaCrisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used some dental picks/tools I bought at a swap meet to pull some off an old rock. Once you get it started it will pull off pretty easy. Get underneath it with the tool like a crowbar and slowly pull it up off the rock. If you can get the rock out of the tank it will be much easier. Take your time because if it tears and you don't get it all it will grow back.

I am going to give this a try tomorrow. But means I will have to tear apart my whole tank...

@pappy - I didn't even buy them! That's the thing. They started growing out of no where. I defiantly think they should be banned from sale.

rideit6578

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have it on one rock and took the rock and left it in the sun for 3 days, then put it back in the tank...thought it was dead but, it wasn't.

Chrissy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send it over to my tank! My GSP stays shrunken and never grows for some reason.:crazy:

Last edited:

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard someone say the other day that fluke tabs will kill it.

kes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
always much easier if you can get it out of the tank, scraping it off with tweezers, scalpels, to ensure nothing is left behind

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send it over to my tank! My GSP stays shrunken and never grows for some reason.:crazy:
Mine too. I can't grow a GSP to save my life. It's been in my tank over two years and it's just a purple blob on a rock. Once in a while a tiny little green polyp might show itself. I guess if it ever grows it would be an indicator of a nitrate problem or something.

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back