How do you “POD”?

Amstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get your tank seeded with pods? Are they good during the cycling process? Good to replenish every so often?

Do you grow your own? - use them for part of your cuc crew or food for fish? - just curious on what people do and people thoughts -

How do you get your “POD” on

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not during the cycle for sure, ammonia will instantly kill them. After your cycle and you start to grow some algea, put a bottle in when the lights go out. I usually turn off the wave pumps for an hour so they can settle in. If you have a sump with a fug, id put them there with your macro at any time after cycle. After your pods have settled in, things like algea and phyto is what they'll feast on, again unless you have a fug with macros. After a while you'll notice little creepy crawlies in your tank at like midnight or so.
To keep them going, phyto really works well. Unless you just have a bunch of algea going on.
When you start to notice your creepy crawlies are starting to not come out at lights out then I'd get another dose and feed them with phyto a couple times a week. That's what has worked for me and my substrate and rocks have been pretty clean for the most part

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You only really need to add them after the first time if you have a fish that primarily eats them and you don't have a big tank I just add them after the lights have been on for a few days and some algae is starting on the glass

fishyjoes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lots of "pods" in my tank but have never added them on purpose. They just show up and multiply, presumably hitchhiking in on corals or (wet) live rock.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back