How do you adjust the weir?

Reefrookie733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when i installed my tank i made sure it was 100% level. I was having a problem with the water test on one side and now i know its because the left side weir is slightly higher than the right side. Therefore i get more flow on the right side (dual overflows). How do you adjust the slots in the weir to be equal with the other side? any recommendations, maybe cutting into the weir a bit to allow for same side flow??
thanks

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have enough flow in the tank? The weirs should be close enough that it shouldn’t matter. Also if your Powerheads are pushing flow harder to one side of the tank it will push more water into that overflow. It’s something that has become really noticeable for me with my new 6 foot tank. An MP40 at full throttle can raise the water level on the far side while dropping it on the side it’s mounted to.

OP
OP
Reefrookie733

Reefrookie733

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have enough flow in the tank? The weirs should be close enough that it shouldn’t matter. Also if your Powerheads are pushing flow harder to one side of the tank it will push more water into that overflow. It’s something that has become really noticeable for me with my new 6 foot tank. An MP40 at full throttle can raise the water level on the far side while dropping it on the side it’s mounted to.
Right now I just cycling with the return pump only, but I will have a Tunze 6105 at each end of my 200G DT.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back