How do you attach your leak detectors?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you screw the detector in?

do you just place it and hope it doesn’t move.?? Sounds silly but I got two detectors one for the stand top and one for the floor and can’t really figure out how I should mount them.. don’t wanna drill into my stand but also don’t want them to fall and Not work

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most will let it sit on a flat surface, but you can use the mounting holes on the leak sensor if you wanted to. It all comes down to personal preference.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most will let it sit on a flat surface, but you can use the mounting holes on the leak sensor if you wanted to. It all comes down to personal preference.
Vinny since you are here, can you tell me which input the daisy chained leak detector should be connected to on the second leak detector . It goes currently from p4 > interface > input from interface into then”Profilux side” and then I went from the “ sensor port” to daisy chain to my second one.
I then connected that wire from the first detector to the “ sensor” port on the second detector . If I connected it to the Profilux side it still worked but didn’t think it should be on that one

Will there be any chances for 0-10v devices being controlled via leak detector settings? I currently have my return on my powerbar ( also controlled 0-10v) and would like if say my skimmer or something else was also triggered despite not being connected via the power bar.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both the Leak Interface and Leak Sensors come with two connectors for attaching additional leak sensors. You are free to use any of these connectors to attach more leak sensors. All the sensors that are connected off of the leak interface will react as a single unit if any of them detect conductive water. You can create as small or as large of a connected chain as you want.

If you wanted to shut OFF certain outlets in-case one of those leak sensors are triggered, you can do that by assigning the LEAK DETECTION function to the outlet which should react to the leak incident.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both the Leak Interface and Leak Sensors come with two connectors for attaching additional leak sensors. You are free to use any of these connectors to attach more leak sensors. All the sensors that are connected off of the leak interface will react as a single unit if any of them detect conductive water. You can create as small or as large of a connected chain as you want.

If you wanted to shut OFF certain outlets in-case one of those leak sensors are triggered, you can do that by assigning the LEAK DETECTION function to the outlet which should react to the leak incident.
Can you “reset” from the Profilux touch? For example if a leak is detected and then an alarm is going off? I can only seem to disable it via the app but haven’t gone deep into the Profilux settings themselves ( on the touch via settings)

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can reset it from the GHL GCC program in the Probe/sensors-control section, then Level. It’s in the section on the screen STATES

Just an FYI, if you trigger a sensor from a spill I have had to disconnect that sensor and clean it to make it work properly again.

What happens, is the saltwater will wick up the prongs. Once dry, the salt can still conduct and cause it to trigger an alarm. They are very easy to clean, just unscrew cover, take apart, clean with tap water, Dry thoroughly, reassemble.

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can reset it from the GHL GCC program in the Probe/sensors-control section, then Level. It’s in the section on the screen STATES

Just an FYI, if you trigger a sensor from a spill I have had to disconnect that sensor and clean it to make it work properly again.

What happens, is the saltwater will wick up the prongs. Once dry, the salt can still conduct and cause it to trigger an alarm. They are very easy to clean, just unscrew cover, take apart, clean with tap water, Dry thoroughly, reassemble.
Perhaps I wasn’t clear.

I can reset the alarm easily via the Gcc app. Just was wondering if I can do it via the Profilux touch itself.
Side note I think the p4 touch and the Profilux itself have different alarms! lol the p4 alarm is too intense for me but the touch alarm is better! ( also hooked up my phone and email so I get email and text alerts via a leak

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think you should be able to navigate through the Settings button to reset the alarm. Give it a try to see. I haven't done a lot of navigation with the Touch.

The Touch and P4 each have an audible alarm, I have the one on my P4 set to off.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps I wasn’t clear.

I can reset the alarm easily via the Gcc app. Just was wondering if I can do it via the Profilux touch itself.
Side note I think the p4 touch and the Profilux itself have different alarms! lol the p4 alarm is too intense for me but the touch alarm is better! ( also hooked up my phone and email so I get email and text alerts via a leak
Sorry, my mistake I think. Wasn't paying close enough attention. On a side note, I find resetting any of the alarms much easier on the Iphone App. :)

OP
OP
Be102

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, my mistake I think. Wasn't paying close enough attention. On a side note, I find resetting any of the alarms much easier on the Iphone App. :)
Do you find yourself playing with your sensors as well ( I keep putting my thumb on the sensor to make sure everything works well... maybe it’s just me playing with new toys :p

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 79 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.7%
Back