How do you document your tank?

Mortgaged Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been shooting quick videos and posting them on YouTube. I am curious how others are doing it?

I am doing this, mainly to document my experiences, so I can easily flip back and see what I was doing or what I was thinking, and hopefully show others how I have found success.

IMG_8584.jpeg

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
edited wrong thread

Last edited:

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as you. I make vids and post them on YouTube. It's cool to see the progression and setbacks. I learn a lot from watching my own mistakes. Then I share what I learned.

Alexraptor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mostly take snapshots with phone on a weekly basis, monthly full tank shots for high quality photos with my DSLR. And I write and post about it at times on build threads.

I used to do a lot of video and upload to YouTube, and actually managed to get enough earnings to buy my first DSLR. Unfortunately I lost interest in putting in the effort when YouTube gave the middle finger to small creators with the changes in their monetization policy. In protest I also removed all ads from my videos, so the algorithm no longer serves up my content.

OP
OP
Mortgaged Reefs

Mortgaged Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mostly take snapshots with phone on a weekly basis, monthly full tank shots for high quality photos with my DSLR. And I write and post about it at times on build threads.

I used to do a lot of video and upload to YouTube, and actually managed to get enough earnings to buy my first DSLR. Unfortunately I lost interest in putting in the effort when YouTube gave the middle finger to small creators with the changes in their monetization policy. In protest I also removed all ads from my videos, so the algorithm no longer serves up my content.
What was your channel?

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I would have documented more. I now force myself to take a quarterly FTS and at least have a photo. Documenting just isn’t my thing.

But I don’t remember stuff from way back. I’ve been doing this almost 30 years now.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back