how do you feed your Harlequin?

Lunas_dad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done an entire CC at one time, and I have also cut off the legs. When I was doing the legs, I was placing them in a Tupperware with plenty of holes in the sump. I was afraid they would get sucked in a pump if they weren't in the Tupperware. It worked for a bit, but the last 2 I got died in the Tupperware. what do you do to keep your stars alive? Thank you so much!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done an entire CC at one time, and I have also cut off the legs. When I was doing the legs, I was placing them in a Tupperware with plenty of holes in the sump. I was afraid they would get sucked in a pump if they weren't in the Tupperware. It worked for a bit, but the last 2 I got died in the Tupperware. what do you do to keep your stars alive? Thank you so much!!

When I had harlequin shrimp, I just added the chocolate chip starfish to the tank and each day a little bit more would be missing. Google mentions people buy many CC's and cut legs off them and just cycle through them, giving them time to re grow legs.

In your tupperware, you don't mention how much and how often you are feeding starfish - mine ate a lot (until it died from being eaten). Get frozen clams and thaw for starfish - that's what I fed mine years ago. Eventually I realized predator harlequin shrimp weren't for me, so gorgeous shrimp went to a new home because I felt bad for starfish.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back