How do you frag acans with bone cutters?

  • Thread starter Thread starter reesed5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reesed5

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 30, 2015
Messages
91
Reaction score
16
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ecotech fragging kit and was wondering how I can frag acans, leptas, etc. with bone cutters.
 
I would advise against using cutters. I would get/use a wet saw with a diamond blade to get the job done. Inland sells one and it's not too bad
 
agreed cutters are a septal splitter right down the middle of the frag, could ruin it. you should hacksaw it man. literally I take an acan into my garage, semi wipe off a small toothed metal blade, and saw the thing down the line I want to saw. is mad, then heals. im sure the fancier gear is more reefy lol but no crushing fragging here, this is a saws job. I could also dremel one in half pretty well too. I don't saw in one single pass. I do top halfway then bottom up halfway to meet, avoids septal or calice splitting
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new