How do you get a plug to stick to glass?

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a frag of GSP about a month or so ago with plans of growing it on my back glass. Everything I’ve tried to get it to stick has failed. I’ve tried super glue, epoxy, super glue and epoxy (lasted the longest), but nothing will get it to stick. I clean the glass before trying to stick it on. This darn plug has fallen off probably 8 times and I’m about to give up but the only reason I bought the GSP was for my glass. I don’t really want it on the rocks. I guess if I get no other suggestions I might try it on the overflow.

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does the GSP look like? It on rubble, a frag plug, a sheet of GSP?

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a frag of GSP about a month or so ago with plans of growing it on my back glass. Everything I’ve tried to get it to stick has failed. I’ve tried super glue, epoxy, super glue and epoxy (lasted the longest), but nothing will get it to stick. I clean the glass before trying to stick it on. This darn plug has fallen off probably 8 times and I’m about to give up but the only reason I bought the GSP was for my glass. I don’t really want it on the rocks. I guess if I get no other suggestions I might try it on the overflow.
Bump... I'm curious about this as well. I've tried all the similar methods you have with little success

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorilla glue gel,,green top,, leave only the disk portion, cut off rest.
Put a nice dab on bottom of disk, hold in water for 1 minute, then press to glass, hold for 3 minutes.
Works for me every time.
See pic below, that was one small disc 6 months ago.
If you have any coralline on the glass, even better.

2055A216-E30C-449A-AC06-FD5CEE535593.jpeg

OP
OP
Bam327

Bam327

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorilla glue gel,,green top,, leave only the disk portion, cut off rest.
Put a nice dab on bottom of disk, hold in water for 1 minute, then press to glass, hold for 3 minutes.
Works for me every time.
See pic below, that was one small disc 6 months ago.
If you have any coralline on the glass, even better.

2055A216-E30C-449A-AC06-FD5CEE535593.jpeg
Wow! That’s what I’m looking for! I’ve tried the gorilla glue with no success. I’ve given it time to set (at least 1 minute) but haven’t held it for 3 minutes, more like another minute. I guess I’ll give this another go but unfortunately I’m not super optimistic. As I’m typing this I may try taking it off the plug and gluing it directly with this time sequence. I’m sure the plugs weight is causing some of this problem.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back