How do you get to the bottom of your 30" deep tanks?

alanbetiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m 6’0. My tank is 30” deep and 28” wide. 96” long. I can reach the front half with a step ladder and my arm. In the back I have to use Ehiem Plant Tongs. Really annoying to try to glue coral down but pretty easy to move debris. I didn’t think my scaping though with that in mind. 2/3 of the sand in the back of my tank I literally can’t touch because the rock is too tall. So if a fish or whatever dies there I can’t get to it. Boo

OP
OP
PedroYoung

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3B0B1F1E-4BFC-4DA2-AEED-B7DF307640CE.jpeg
Don't think that's in my budget ;)

ntayler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 30” deep, I would prefer a 24” tank, but I already had the tank...I manage with a step stool, armpit towel, various grabbers and tongs, and diy tools for swiping things out from under rock work. In hindsight I would have started out with a different dimension but I like the viewing height

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 450, eight feet long, three feet wide and 30" tall. I don't have anything on the sand, so no need to be able to reach down there mostly. If something falls, a small step stool and a pair of surgical tangs will retrieve it. If anything gets to the bottom in the back, it's mostly just staying there. A bit of a pain I suppose, but the extra height is well worth the occasional hassle, and bad language #$&@$@

vertigo01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old 180 ( 48x30x30) was a PIA to do anything with regards to getting at the bottom.
To make things easier, I used a 5' ladder which allowed me to get higher but I arm pits and shoulder deep was a pain especially if I had to move or vac the sand bed towards the back.
So much happier with the 60x24x24.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back