How do you know when your urchin is dead?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redbird5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Redbird5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2025
Messages
795
Reaction score
441
Location
Metro East St. Louis
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tuxedo urchin in my aquarium. Last night I noticed that it was in a cave in the sand and my peppermint shrimp was on to of it doing something to it. This morning I couldn't tell if it moved or not. It does move very slowly and can spend days in the same spot. He's always been on the glass grazing on algae, but never in the sand until last night/this morning. Any idea what's going on?
 
Move it to glass ,see what happens,if dead remove rt away.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new