How do you mix your salt?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ships
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ships

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2018
Messages
87
Reaction score
38
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you using to mix your saltwater together in large containers? I have debated on a paint stir paddle to use on my drill but the ones I've seen are only about 16 inches long.
 
You’d be happier with an 800 or 1600 sun sun powerhead I think.
$20 or so.
 
small power head inside my mixing barrel.
b237f488415786e71bb33370d2dc59e9.jpg
 
I have bought the sun sun and will say they dont last long. Usually only a few months.
 
Mag drive 1200. Yeah... it stirs real fast... and if I leave it overnight, it'll heat it to over 80F, as well!

Old pump, I've had it for decades. Works great to stir my 60g AWC reservoir ;)
 
My mixing station is similar to hbrochs . I have a mag drive that recirculates the water/salt and have a heater installed in the container. Ill have to get a pic to post.
 
I use a mag 9.5 pump
 
I mix SW as needed on demand. I store RODI. Mix about 10 to 15 gallon in a 28 gallon brute. Koralia Evo 1500 and Aqueon Pro 200 heater.
 
I mix by hand and a pipe of pvc to stir till I get the correct salinity. Then I have a very strong powerhead thrashing it in a brute can over night while a heater matches temp. Check in the morning and it’s always dead on and clear. Then it’s water change time!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new