Red Sea Salt on stand-by?

  • Thread starter Thread starter antfish15
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

antfish15

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 27, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Location
los angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I am going to be transitioning from Instant Ocean basic salt to Red Sea Blue bucket soon. Historically, I have always made large batches of Instant Ocean (30-gallon brute), and then I use that brute for the next month or so until it runs out and repeat the process.

From what I read online, with the Red Sea, I will not be able to create a large bulk of saltwater and must mix it on the same day I plan to do a water change.

The 30-gallon brute is great because I always have saltwater in case of an emergency water change, need to top off with saltwater, coral dipping, etc.

My question is: How do you guys manage to have salt water on standby when using Red Sea salt?
 
Hi,
I am going to be transitioning from Instant Ocean basic salt to Red Sea Blue bucket soon. Historically, I have always made large batches of Instant Ocean (30-gallon brute), and then I use that brute for the next month or so until it runs out and repeat the process.

From what I read online, with the Red Sea, I will not be able to create a large bulk of saltwater and must mix it on the same day I plan to do a water change.

The 30-gallon brute is great because I always have saltwater in case of an emergency water change, need to top off with saltwater, coral dipping, etc.

My question is: How do you guys manage to have salt water on standby when using Red Sea salt?
You can store blue bucket up to a month. There’s a BRS video out there comparing all major salt brands in storage. Blue bucket over 30 days was very stable. I’ve been storing it this way for 3 years and no issues. It’s better to store it non heated and non circulated fyi
 
You can store blue bucket up to a month. There’s a BRS video out there comparing all major salt brands in storage. Blue bucket over 30 days was very stable. I’ve been storing it this way for 3 years and no issues. It’s better to store it non heated and non circulated fyi
Idk how you do it cause even if i stop mixing it once it its clear, the next day its precipitated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new