How do you mount a spider sponge frag?

fenderguy1

Prop/Shipping Pro
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2009
Messages
786
Reaction score
51
Location
Hammond IN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ I just got a frag of spider sponge and was wondering how do i mount it. Would super glue hurt the sponge? Or should i just find a space to wedge it in?
 
I would ziptie it to a small rock, and then glue the rock to the reef structure.
 
I have seen them with tooth picks poked through the base then rubber banned to a rock. If it is healthy and grows once it grows on to the rocks the tooth picks can be removed.....I have only done that with leathers though.
 
I just wedged mine between two pieces of LR
 
you can do the same thing as described with the toothpicks with a needle and thread, this way the hole in the sponge is much smaller and when it attaches you just cut the thread and pull the string through.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new