How do you mount corals to mature rock??

Leon Gorani

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2019
Messages
420
Reaction score
91
Location
East Granby
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have some rock in my tank that looks like it has algae or something all on it, I want to glue or mount some corals on frags onto this piece of rock but I am not sure what is the best way to glue them to this rock? I will post a pic of the rock in my tank to show you. The rock is prettt smooth so it’s not like pukani rock
should I use super glue? Or shouldI use epoxy with super glue to stick it onto the rock? I can try to use the Instant Ocean Holdfast epoxy, which is what I used to build my rock structure, but that was before the rock was even in the tank. I just don’t know if it will hold and stay there with the cured rock in my tank already. Thoughts?

13910EC9-2204-4E95-93F1-2D50A519E359.jpeg
 
I'm hardly an expert but I find super glue pretty efficient if you kinda grind the plug on the surface of the rock. Just my two cents
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new