How do you protect wooden stands/table tops?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
4,530
Reaction score
4,817
Location
Grand Junction
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Currently my nano tank sits on a little antique wooden side table, it was in rough shape to begin with, and it’s not really a valuable item so I wasn’t too concerned about the risk of damage. That said I would like to get a different stand for it and I found another end table that would work great and have more storage, problem is this one’s a bit nicer and I would like to protect the wood. What do you guys do to protect the wood from damage?
 
As Tiki said, a quality clear polyurethane will protect the wood. I personally would recommend 2-3 coats to ensure proper coverage. The more coats the thicker the protection layer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new