How do you think your tank has done this year?

Joe.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank, 75 gallon display, has been running for about 18 months now and finally stabilizing.

After a battle with bubble algae from late 2022 into early 2023, I took out all of the rock and cleaned with peroxide in April. Haven’t fully eradicated bubble algae from the system, but it’s controllable now.

Redid the aquascape (actually, had my LFS do that - thanks Jen!) added more coral and I’m really happy with it now. Since the peroxide cleaned the rocks, coralline has really taken off.

My only negatives have been losing a couple of torches to BTA stings and an acan dying and I can’t figure out why. Another acan, same type actually, a few inches away is doing great.

Fish are now doing well - only after determining that diamond gobies and white tail bristletooth tangs (bully) don’t work out very well.

Here are a couple of shots. Let me know what you think!

Happy Holidays to all!
IMG_2309.jpeg
IMG_2311.jpeg
IMG_2312.jpeg

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank, 75 gallon display, has been running for about 18 months now and finally stabilizing.

After a battle with bubble algae from late 2022 into early 2023, I took out all of the rock and cleaned with peroxide in April. Haven’t fully eradicated bubble algae from the system, but it’s controllable now.

Redid the aquascape (actually, had my LFS do that - thanks Jen!) added more coral and I’m really happy with it now. Since the peroxide cleaned the rocks, coralline has really taken off.

My only negatives have been losing a couple of torches to BTA stings and an acan dying and I can’t figure out why. Another acan, same type actually, a few inches away is doing great.

Fish are now doing well - only after determining that diamond gobies and white tail bristletooth tangs (bully) don’t work out very well.

Here are a couple of shots. Let me know what you think!

Happy Holidays to all!
IMG_2309.jpeg
IMG_2311.jpeg
IMG_2312.jpeg
Looks nice. You can't go wrong with Jen from New Wave Aquaria doing the aquascape. I get most of my corals and fish from them. I gave away all my SPS and redid the aquascape a little, and now I am stocking strictly LPS and Softies. Also replaced my MP60's with the Maxspect Gyre xf350's Cloud Edition and I really like the flow and so do the corals. Finally have the flow I have been looking for the past 3yrs.

IMG_20231220_163050.jpg

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks nice. You can't go wrong with Jen from New Wave Aquaria doing the aquascape. I get most of my corals and fish from them. I gave away all my SPS and redid the aquascape a little, and now I am stocking strictly LPS and Softies. Also replaced my MP60's with the Maxspect Gyre xf350's Cloud Edition and I really like the flow and so do the corals. Finally have the flow I have been looking for the past 3yrs.

IMG_20231220_163050.jpg

Looks nice! Care to share your light composer file?

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice! Care to share your light composer file?
Believe it or not but at 35% the top middle of the aquascape where the Torch's are is at 273 par. When I had the SPS I was running 50% at a par of 350. At that time the only torch was the large purple guy in the back who was acclimated slowly to the higher par.
My lights are 12" above the top of the water.
This site is not allowing me to attach a .lpc file or I am doing something wrong.

Attachments

• 2023-12-21.png
    2023-12-21.png
    288.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 2023-12-21 (1).png
    2023-12-21 (1).png
    284.5 KB · Views: 16

ThaBeast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Believe it or not but at 35% the top middle of the aquascape where the Torch's are is at 273 par. When I had the SPS I was running 50% at a par of 350. At that time the only torch was the large purple guy in the back who was acclimated slowly to the higher par.
My lights are 12" above the top of the water.
This site is not allowing me to attach a .lpc file or I am doing something wrong.
Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back