How do you vet information you receive here on Reef2Reef?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And so we sailed with a pirate as our captain....

I often get misunderstood for an expert
Don't worry I have never confused you for an expert...
Only an expert in Sargassum... I mean Sarcasm... :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: ;) JK...:thinking-face:
^^^
See what I did there... I crack myself up...:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It doesn't matter. You give it a go and evolve along the way. If somebody is going to get hung up on this, then it will never work. If it was my board, I would pick and also ask a few others for their opinions.

This is kinda like picking a leader... if you don't know how then you don't know how... but the good ones know how to do it.

IMO, curated forum is the next step in keeping this relevant. There are too many other places where people can go for a free-for-all, confirmation and all of that.
They kind of already have this - except without the limitation on who can respond. I.e. the Reef Squad, Fish Medics, Moderators, Staff Members. Part of a discussion board is 'discussion'. In fact many of the staff do not accept PM's because they want the discussion to be open and learn from it.

Take a fish disease: Someone posts: My fish has Ich In a curated forum. The answer is look - do this and this and this.

But someone else wants to know 'How do you tell if it's ich vs. velvet', or 'could I use this medication instead? etc etc. There are very few 'curated' boards of this type exist, because IMHO they don't provoke more information/interesting discussion.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back