How does Cornbread and these other sellers get these crazy looking corals?

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cornbred stands behind what he sells. If you have a problem just co tact him. Yes I’ve ordered multiple times from him, if you want different sometimes you must pay.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it really help to use a sniper when he sets all of his prices for the corals you want?

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pls elaborate on what you mean by "using a sniper" on ebay?
He's using an app to put his bid in 1-3 seconds usually before the end of the auction. You can still be outbid by someone else. Its safer to stay on top of bidding by doing it yourself right before the auction ends at a high price, usually this works.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course you can get the stuff that's been out for awhile at a cheaper price, people are after his new pieces with the color.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's using an app to put his bid in 1-3 seconds usually before the end of the auction. You can still be outbid by someone else. Its safer to stay on top of bidding by doing it yourself right before the auction ends at a high price, usually this works.
I get better luck with the sniper and incremental bidding

all automated

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the time his auctions start at 0.99c but recently he’s starting it at $20...+++

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the time his auctions start at 0.99c but recently he’s starting it at $20...+++
In my case I go after the ones that grab my attention, usually they're set high to buy it now. If I really want it I go for it. There have been a few once gone you don't see them anymore.

OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case I go after the ones that grab my attention, usually they're set high to buy it now. If I really want it I go for it. There have been a few once gone you don't see them anymore.
True but MOST of the time you can get them very very cheap

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased two different fingernail size frags of what he called a welso-scoly hybrid. I remember the original photo definitely looked like a cross. I'm calling it scoly at this point. At the time they were high priced but definitely different. Years later still growing, I cut one into three sections with a scalpel, doing great. Moral of this story is I'm glad I paid that high price for those two little fingernail pieces. That coral was gone after he sold the few pieces off. And yes, they had the same colors as his photo, for those that are wondering.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Zeal

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what does this mean useing a sniper ??
A bot or automated program that automatically bids x amount on something you want up to your max bid. Also can be set to do incremental bids so you don’t miss out

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 161 73.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 36 16.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back