How does my urchin look?

rusty shackleford yes

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2025
Messages
196
Reaction score
182
Location
austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6400.jpeg


When I first got him he was around the size of a nickel and was sold as a “micro pincushion urchin” (it was like 10$ cheaper than the other larger pincushions, so I purchased it.) He’s grown around 4x his original size in the past few months. There has never really been any spine loss! Just 2 on the sandbed once, but I haven’t seen any since. The urchin has an unlimited supply of hair algae to eat, and my water quality is pretty good! Anyways, I’m just wondering if there’s anything I need to look out for, or if there’s anything wrong?
 
That urchin looks very happy. Easy to say because it is growing so fast. I think the only improvement you might make is to get it a hat.
My zoas just got off their plug, so i gave it to him! Hopefully he finds it soon! For some reason he didn’t have a hat when I took this picture of him yesterday morning.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new