How efficiant can xenia be in a refugium

The guppy guru

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2020
Messages
463
Reaction score
261
Location
DHS
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always wanted to to know how useful xenia coral can be in a refugium,and if it can replace macro algae. I know that it is possible to set up a good refugium with xenia but just how efficiant and rime consuming can it be. I have always wanted to set up a fuge with xenia but never taken the step to do so because I don't know how good it is and if it's better than macro algae
 
It will not be as efficient as macro but is a great idea, depending on your bio load it might be enough.
 
Just started up my xenia refugium as well. Spent way too much money on chaeto and other macros that just died on me. Xenia has been thriving.
20200610_125055.jpg
20200610_125112.jpg
 
I'd like to re-up the question that has been previously asked by @ca1ore and @New&no clue in another thread regarding the light spectrum. Has anyone that has grown Xenia in their sump ever experimented with the different growth rate between the red spectrum refuge lights vs the blue spectrum reef lights?
 
I think it would be a cool idea for a display fuge but compared to a macro algea. I do not think it would be super. If you have a cool looking fuge go to the display fuge show off thread and "boast your beauties" ;Snaphappy
 
Thank you all for your help people can be so nice here hope youa all have a good day and remember, Happy Reefing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new