How fast do your favias grow??????

  • Thread starter Thread starter evad1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

evad1

CORAL CARTEL
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
1
Location
So Cali
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this pic is of orignal frag that i got about 4 months ago.

DSC_0231.jpg


this is it now.

DSC02481.jpg



i personally think the growth is ok, i just heavily feed the tank reef nutrition foods. im thinking of spot feeding spectrum pellots to increase growth..

what are you guys feeding you favias?????


thanks dave
 
all depends on the favia for me. i have some that are like a weed and others not so much. of course its always the nicest ones that seem to grow the slowest. figures.


I just feed regular pellets. they suck em right down ASAP
 
I HAVE AN AREA 51 THAT GROWS WICKED SLOW HAD IT FOR 2 MONTHS ONLY GOT 1 EXTRA EYE SO FAR HERE IS A PIC BEFORE AND AFTER
TANKBUDDIES8.jpg
AFTER 2 MONTHS
AREA51.jpg
 
thanks guys
i heard pellots were good.
i am going to try to spot feed spectrum and see if i get more growth

dave
 
Try soft sinking pellets made out of krill I believe. I feed all my LPS and Polyps that eat...
 
Like with all corals the more you feed them the faster they will grow. I feed mine brine and mysis shrimps.
 
I feed those tiny orange flying fish roe eggs that you may find at the asian grocery store once in a while. Not only are they small enough to be quickly consumed by the small mouths they are also fresh foods that I assume have more nutrition since they in egg/embryo form.

this pic is of orignal frag that i got about 4 months ago.

DSC_0231.jpg


this is it now.

DSC02481.jpg



i personally think the growth is ok, i just heavily feed the tank reef nutrition foods. im thinking of spot feeding spectrum pellots to increase growth..

what are you guys feeding you favias?????


thanks dave
 
I feed those tiny orange flying fish roe eggs that you may find at the asian grocery store once in a while. Not only are they small enough to be quickly consumed by the small mouths they are also fresh foods that I assume have more nutrition since they in egg/embryo form.


i might have to try this
 
+1 on orange things. you have a product name?

I usually find them packaged in the asian grocery stores in the fresh seafood department as refrigerated (if there is such a thing in frozen form, I am think that would work as well). I am pretty sure they are called flying fish roe which are bright orange in color.
 
Masago is the little tiny roe. Smelt roe

Tobiko is flying fish roe

Ikura is the larger orange kind, it's salmon roe
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new