How frequent to feed Goni's

fluked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in the black friday sales I bought 2 Gonis for my tank, one was $4.50 AUD (~$3.20USD) who can say no.
I did some research before hand, they seem similar in lighting/flow to torches (correct me if I'm wrong?).
The main thing is I've read/heard a lot about they needing feeding. So I also bought Polyp Feast Reef Revolution, its an Aussie product similar to Reef Roids, just slightly larger particles.
How often should I feed the Gonis with this ? I was thinking weekly direct feeding, is that enough from everyone else's experiences?

PaulS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends what kind it is. I have had an ORA red for about 6 years and I never feed it. Tried when I first got it and never saw a feeding reaction with a lot of foods targeted for it.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed one about once every two to three days. My GONIs react to the food and they are growing well. I am not sure if they will also do well without the feedings. They are doing well with the feeding for sure so I am too scared to not feed them to see what would happen. In my largest GONI, it almost seem as if the tentacles sway in the direction of the food particles.

I have noticed that my short tentacle GONIs do not seem to react to the feedings. I don't know if they consume the food I give them but they don't have the reactions that long tentacle GONIs have.

OP
OP
F

fluked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the photos from their websites, they look similar to this in person, but I can't give any details about what type of Goni they are, besides saying green and light pink lol.

A few mixed responses, I'll try feeding it once a week with the polyp feast, and I might dust it with the rotifers in the marine mix frozen I feed once or twice a week, hopefully this should cover the bases for them.

Thanks guys :)

1607042278013.png
1607042339464.png

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back