How hardy are torch corals?

Donttouchthebutt

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
88
Reaction score
63
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want a torch coral or a hammer coral or anything along those lines. I love the look of the anemone but they require to much work! I'm just curious if I would be able to get something like a torch coral and be able to keep it alive.
 
Yes very easy. You will need moderate lighting and flow and good parameters like any other Coral.
 
They're somewhere in the middle honestly. Some systems do great with them and in some they just don't do well. You will need a good light source and I recommend feeding them to keep healthy.
 
I have a hammer and frogspawn that's growing like crazy. Torch on the other hand is still the same size and never really extended. Recently I experimented with different placement and it's finally starting to show some life and a little growth (I think). From what I can tell the biggest difference is flow. My torch seems to be responding well to higher flow.
 
They are great and not difficult to maintain. Just take care of your water and spot feed once in a while. I use LRS in my tank and it feeds everything!

IMG_0256.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG
IMG_0254.JPG
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new