How hardy are torch corals?

Donttouchthebutt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want a torch coral or a hammer coral or anything along those lines. I love the look of the anemone but they require to much work! I'm just curious if I would be able to get something like a torch coral and be able to keep it alive.

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're somewhere in the middle honestly. Some systems do great with them and in some they just don't do well. You will need a good light source and I recommend feeding them to keep healthy.

Vinh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hammer and frogspawn that's growing like crazy. Torch on the other hand is still the same size and never really extended. Recently I experimented with different placement and it's finally starting to show some life and a little growth (I think). From what I can tell the biggest difference is flow. My torch seems to be responding well to higher flow.

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are great and not difficult to maintain. Just take care of your water and spot feed once in a while. I use LRS in my tank and it feeds everything!

IMG_0256.JPG
IMG_0255.JPG
IMG_0254.JPG

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back