How has your "taste" for corals evolved? Your coral journey!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sometimes the coral we like or dislike changes as we progress in the hobby for various reasons.

When you first start maybe you love zoas, then years later you find yourself with a tank full of acros, and then all the sudden you like those beautiful torch tentacles flowing in the water column and then comes something else and so on and so forth!

What about you?

How has your "taste" for corals evolved? Take us through your coral journey!

PS. I NEVER thought I would like bounce mushrooms, the "bumps" grossed me out....until I had one of my own!

1716566994505.png

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was planning my tank I disliked the look of most softies. Now I enjoy some of them. I also disliked sticks and most SPS, but now I appreciate them. Euphyllia still hasn't left my number 1 coral though.

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas used to be my absolute favorite, and still do like them, but I can tell that I gravitate more coral that have long, flowing tentacles. If it flows majestically in the water, I'm picking that every time. Torches, Duncans, and elegance are my favorites right now.

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started liking elegances after watching ecoreef from reef builders. I don't think I could ever have a tank without one. This coral helped me learn a ton and changed my thoughts and how I care for my tanks.

When I got my first wilsoni it was bleached and not well. I was able to bring coral back to health which reinforced my maintenance.

Sand beds have been my bain lol.

Back