Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 25 11.7%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 61 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 102 47.9%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hold up, they draw blood from you? They can be nasty but ive never felt any pain from a clownfish bite.

Definitely! I had a big mature female percula that knew skin between my fingers was softer and drew blood more often than I cared for and it wasn't real pain full but did hurt. She would hover around my hands waiting for an opportunity to strike and I'd wasted more time trying to shew her away than I did actually doing maintenance.

BillFish Coral Lover

Most Excellent Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the clowns are bigger, they are really annoying to deal with. They literally just harass and bite me and its started to actually get blood

So my clownfish tank is set and forget it. The multiplying destructive nems made me move all the corals out anyways
I hate that! I had a clown for years that just went at my arm like a piece of shrimp. One time I had my arm in for a long time working on my aquascape and I decided to ignore the biting. My forearm was completely covered in bites and was swollen and red the next day. I don’t have that blasted fish any more and have no plans to have any clowns anytime soon. Maybe not ever. Maybe. They’re just so cool looking, though….

twnturbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm regularly moving corals around purely because I made noob mistakes during setup.
I designed the rockwork to be pretty rather than functional & didn't realise just how fast they grow once you're dialled in.
So Monti's have shaded lps, green plays have taken over rockwork & been segregated, gsp has been relocated to rear wall, torches have been marooned due to stinging etc etc.
It's been a great learning curve as I know better for next setup.
Below is attached a pic of a Christmas Monti I mounted as a pound coin sized frag last year in upper rockwork.
You live and learn!
Thanks for the tips setting min180 gal peninsula up now with a combo of live rock & man made live rock

Back