How high are your lights over the water?

Reefready1

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 18, 2013
Messages
50
Reaction score
12
Location
Central FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gal long and have a 4 bulb T5 and reefbright tech blue (36"). Currently they are about 8" above the water. Is that to close? Thanks for opinions or thoughts.
 
20160120_215124.jpg
I'm at about 8 inches with leds. As long as the water isn't splashing your light and not making your tank to hot I'm you'd be fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new