OP
OP
Clarinuto

Clarinuto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar setup and use glass lids. Ignoring the debate about whether or not glass lids are a good idea — plenty of threads on that. Besides protecting your fish, it also reduces the humidity and risk of condensation on your lights. My canopy is open on the back side so I have some air circulation that helps with keeping the canopy temp down and also moisture etc.
I use glass lids currently as well. My thought is to have only a partial top and no back to prevent trapping heat or stale air. Sounds like I need to keep the glass lids, which is fine. :)

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or switch to screens. I’m not exaggerating when I say I have lost close to $5,000 worth of rare fairy wrasses. Best was a male flame wrasses, and isosceles wrasses. 2 separate occurrences. I go to feed and somehow it’s on top of my screens all dried up.

OP
OP
Clarinuto

Clarinuto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or switch to screens. I’m not exaggerating when I say I have lost close to $5,000 worth of rare fairy wrasses. Best was a male flame wrasses, and isosceles wrasses. 2 separate occurrences. I go to feed and somehow it’s on top of my screens all dried up.
It is sad, isn’t it? I had screens on my tank previously and my favorite goby managed to make it through the screen and die before I found him. Still upset about that loss.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back