How High Do you Hang/Mount your Light?

How High Above the Water is your light?

  • 1-3"- My lights practically touch the water!!!

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 3-6"

    Votes: 9 11.8%
  • 6-9"

    Votes: 26 34.2%
  • 9-12"

    Votes: 20 26.3%
  • 12-15"

    Votes: 7 9.2%
  • 15-18"

    Votes: 6 7.9%
  • 18"-24"

    Votes: 6 7.9%
  • 24"-36"

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Higher than 36"- my lights practically touch the ceiling!

    Votes: 1 1.3%

  • Total voters
    76

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2010
Messages
4,699
Reaction score
1,035
Location
North Kingstown, RI
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Everyone,

This week we have another poll for you! This time we are exploring the idea of light spread and height over your aquarium, from custom installs in a biocube practically touching the water to growout frag systems with the lights several feet off the water- where do you stand with your lighting system?

2017-11-19.jpg
 
I think I am somewhere at around 18" right now!
 
I'm at about 7"-8" but that's just due to my canopy. Would probably go higher if I could but want to keep the lights hidden. I get a little bit of disco-balling so may look into difusers.
 
I currently have 4 AI Prime HDs over my Red Sea Reefer 350 and have them about 10" above the water!
 
Ive got 2 AI Prime HDs over mt 45AIO and they are 8 inches he water line but closest SPS is 12 Inches below the light.
 
10"
 
I have six Radion GEN4 ,16 inch off the water line
 
My T5's are about 12/13 inches off the water at this time. I run them all at 100% & just move the fixture up & down to raise or lower pars .
 
Maybe 6" off the water. It's mounted inside a canopy spaced about 1/2" off the top. I took the lenses out and have plexi on the tank.
 
My LED lights are about 12" from the water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new