how I fixed my apex PH probe.

pdxmonkeyboy

Sticks!! Give me the sticks!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, i have had this thing for 10 months, always all over the place. tried re routing the cables, moved it to different places, put a foam protector on the head to stop bubbles and lastly mounted it at a 45 degree angle.

well, two weeks ago i shook it and low and behold...an air bubble rose out of it. I took some scissors and snipped a bunch of plastic around the hole. Now it isnt a hole, its a gaping wound. :)

But.. it has worked perfectly ever since. i can even tell when my ATO kicks on by it!

be careful, dont hit the glass probe in the middle, but I am super pleased at this point.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok, i have had this thing for 10 months, always all over the place. tried re routing the cables, moved it to different places, put a foam protector on the head to stop bubbles and lastly mounted it at a 45 degree angle.

well, two weeks ago i shook it and low and behold...an air bubble rose out of it. I took some scissors and snipped a bunch of plastic around the hole. Now it isnt a hole, its a gaping wound. :)

But.. it has worked perfectly ever since. i can even tell when my ATO kicks on by it!

be careful, dont hit the glass probe in the middle, but I am super pleased at this point.
Is this a pH or salinity probe?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 38 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.3%
Back