How I ship frags....

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got those boxes that are recommended in this thread, along with the urine cups but I can only fit 3 to a box! I was hoping they had more interior room, maybe at least 4 could fit... Thanks for the heatpack links.

Burks

Toledo Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you who ship using bags;

Have you ever found the need to use O2? How about for fish?

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shipped 2 puffers to Singapore & for the 48 hr trip, I'm sure they had O2 in there (I brought them to a supplier for packing). I'm also sure fish would need O2 for overnight shipping too.

As far as corals, I've shipped 2-3 days (zoas) with barely any air at all in the bags.

Last edited:

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got a question will a IMPULSE SEALER work for shipping like zoas and palys ???

Yeah they work great. I have one if you are looking to purchase. It has only been used a hand full of times, if that.

Burks

Toledo Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is a good place to buy bags? I know Ken's Fish has them, just wondering if anyone has found them cheaper or anything.

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use plastic to pad the frags from getting jostled around. You could also mount them on styro & float them upside-down.

Emster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping someone will help me with their experience. I'm going to be shipping to Alaska and have not shipped there yet. I have shipped many times but concerned about the Temp and transit time. It will take about 24 hours to get there by Fedex and I'm shipping from Florida were it will be about 75 degrees at 6 pm when I ship. Alaska is going to be around -5 degrees and will be held for pick up at Fedex. The package will be good size 14 x 12 x 10 and in 1.5 inch thick high quality styro box, they will be sps's. How many 40 hour heat packs should I put in? I don't want it to get to hot on the Florida side. Any help would be much appreciated:bigsmile:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back