How I ship frags....

Tenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,
It's close to sumer and outside temp is getting hotter. What is the best idea to cool the corals down when ship. Do I need to buy a gel ice pack and where I could get them? Thanks

shecter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use the specimen cups like alot of you. but to stop the coral from being damaged during ups throwing it around i glue the frag to the lid of the cup. fill the cup and put the lid on then put the cup in the box upside down. the frag cant touch the sides in any way and should arrive unharmed.

NanoNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i use the specimen cups like alot of you. but to stop the coral from being damaged during ups throwing it around i glue the frag to the lid of the cup. fill the cup and put the lid on then put the cup in the box upside down. the frag cant touch the sides in any way and should arrive unharmed.
after reading this whole thread im surprised none said this. I also do the same thing if i need to ship any thing. Glue it down 8)

JakeW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use to ship mass quanities of corals and frags from my online store that I had. I learned what not to do real quick. This is the best way I found without there being any hassles or loss of life. I no longer have an online business, so I dont care a bit to tell people my methods of practice.

I use polystyrene shipping coolers from MrBoxOnline, I use the 6x4x4 mini cooler if Im just shipping a few small frags. Its light weight with 1" think insulation and not to mention pretty cheap and you dont have to assemble anything. This box will hold 3-4 frags the way I ship them.

Next is the easiest and probaly best kept secret in this hobby. Anybody who has ever got anything from me, knows what I use for shipping coral frags. I use specimen cups (urine sample cups). They hold 4.5oz of water, leak proof and offer a lot of protection for the frags. LCM(lake charles manufacturing) is where I buy mine from, you can buy just one, or you can buy 1000, whatever suits your purpose.

After you have your shipping coolers and specimen cups, you can either use old newspaper or bubble wrap for added security and to keep things from moving around and getting damaged in the shipping cooler.

Hope this outs you all out! If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!
Great post! thx

JakeW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nope no bribes. I have nother business and together we ship out more then 1000 packages per month. shipping vendors are more then willing to talk "deals when you get to numbers that high. I just pass that disscount along to my coral business.
Good point

GTM42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Link to boxes dis not work for me, does anybody have suggestions on any other boxes/ styrofoam that they use?

Pico bam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody post a link to some good boxes with styrofoam? Good cheap ones,

fity2pounder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anybody post a link to some good boxes with styrofoam? Good cheap ones,
I’m also looking. Anyone got a link for cheap boxes/coolers?

Also wondering if anyone has experience using the insulated boxes that u have to put together (come in rectangular pieces u put on the sides of the boxes)? Are they any good?

Lovefish77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, great thread. I have a question as I just ordered 2mil bags from amazon and when tied (knotted) at the top they tend to leak. Of course I try to do a stress test and place them upside down (very likely on a plane or a delivery truck). Any thoughts on what can be done? Even if you double and triple bag they will all leak

Thanks

Back