How Important is Measuring ORP?

LovinlifeinGuam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
6,673
Reaction score
5,740
Location
Guam
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, this is one measurement Ive never quite understood fully. What is the importance of measuring ORP, as in what does it really tell you? Please feel free to be as detailed as you wish.
 
Unless you’re dosing ozone, zero reason to monitor it. The only reason to monitor it with ozone is so you don’t overdose
 
Unless you’re dosing ozone, zero reason to monitor it. The only reason to monitor it with ozone is so you don’t overdose
I came to say this very thing. very important when using Ozone.

I have yet to set mine up need to update the apex and get the new probe going.

some say it also can tell you if you have a dead fish.
 
Why did you stop boss?

I removed the probe because after a long time of having it, I realized I never once used it for anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new