How is less more?

Starling541

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking at HOB refugiums and it has me scratching my head why are HOB power filters less expensive than a HOB fuges?!
They are basically the same basic shape but that there are more components in a power filter, ergo costs to those one would think are more.
The fuges I’m looking at don’t even have a light included? Am I missing something or is “the man” just looking to stick it the the reefers?
Thoughts????

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been looking at HOB refugiums and it has me scratching my head why are HOB power filters less expensive than a HOB fuges?!
They are basically the same basic shape but that there are more components in a power filter, ergo costs to those one would think are more.
The fuges I’m looking at don’t even have a light included? Am I missing something or is “the man” just looking to stick it the the reefers?
Thoughts????
Cost of manufacturing of given product it is not directly related to a sale price. It's called market economy.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts????
I used an old penguin 450 as a refugium with good success. Small fresh water led light on top. Just doesn't look as cool as the real deal.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back