How long before Bacteria cover Rocks

  • Thread starter Thread starter bkwonnn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bkwonnn

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2023
Messages
265
Reaction score
86
Location
amsterdam
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

Ive been running my nano for 3 years and last week I placed some pieces of rock in the nano. I want to transfer these to my new tank. How long should I wait before transferring them? I can’t transfer the rocks with coral because I cycle 1 month with ambient light only to begin with.

IMG_9989.jpeg
 
The bacteria never stops growing. What are you trying to accomplish once added to the new tank?
 
I want to change over the Bacteria from
The established tank to the new one with dry rock and live sand to help with the biome cycle
 
I want to change over the Bacteria from
The established tank to the new one with dry rock and live sand to help with the biome cycle
Any dry rock will still go through the algae phase. There's some evidence out there that delaying the rocks from light will help. However it still has to go through the progression.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new