• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

How long before I ask for PayPal refund?

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Rocklefrag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased something on selling forum, sent PayPal and haven’t heard back from seller. How long would you wait before asking for refund? I know people are busy and things come up but if you are selling something I feel like a short reply to PM/DM isn’t that hard. Any feedback would be nice.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Depends on how much the item was....

Under $500 a few days if active known member. And if not heard of by then, someone here will know what's up with them.

Above $500....communicate as much as possible.

If new member I would give 24hrs and contact again. If nothing is heard I would contact PayPal.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was your last communication with the seller?
Did he acknowledge that he received your payment?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
People get busy but a little communication goes a LONG WAY !!
Send him a note via PayPal resolution so you have documentation. If No response in 48 hours, escalate to a dispute which PayPal will take over and you will get refund

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased something recently that was $20ish, that was over a week ago and I’m fine with not hearing from him and waiting for the package to show up.

but like @MERKEY said, if it’s $500 start reaching out.
simply say “ hey man, what’s the latest on the package”. Nothing rude or mean about that, just a buyer wanting reassurance that it’s been shipped or a delay is happening.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’m having the same issue. Send money 2.5 weeks ago. Guy replies super fast until I sent the money.....haven’t heard since
File right away. If no answer after 48 hrs, escalate to a claim

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
File, that’s how it works. PayPal is the only way I send money over net.

jsc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry this happened to you!
Sad people are like this.
when was he last active?
Hopefully it was only a few dollars.... like for a rock or something....
It was for 150. He hasn’t been on recently but I know he’s seen my messages questioning where it was or asking for tracking.

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was for 150. He hasn’t been on recently but I know he’s seen my messages questioning where it was or asking for tracking.
Totally unacceptable. Do people really think you cannot see when they have read your messages? Hope you get it resolved.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back