How long before zoas start to spread

Tonyreeffish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you don't really like them, 24 hrs. If you paid too much and love them, 2 years.

Thats too funny! Try feeding them if you're not right now and it might get things moving. Zoas all grow at different rates. Some fast, some suuuuper slow. All depends on what you have.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what type you have? Like the name of them? That will probably help us give you a time frame for spreading. I got a bunch of zoas all at the same time from the same dude and every single on has doubled except for the blue hornet... still only one polyp of that. Reefroids should help you though!

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones I have that grow faster are in higher light. Lower light grows slower. I saw an increase in growth rate when I started broadcast feeding Brightwell Coralaminos. I still typically only get a couple of new polyps a month. Bigger colonies grow faster than single polyps or small colonoies.

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think all corals have what I call "sleep periods", they seem to be the same forever and then one day, BOOM, they start to grow and grow they do. Then for no reason at all they decide to "sleep" again for awhile. Just keep being a good water keeper and they will reward you. :)

Back