How long can clownfish eggs last alone?

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
View Badges
Joined
Jan 12, 2019
Messages
975
Reaction score
1,161
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

does anybody know how long clownfish eggs can be left alone, away from the adult clowns? I’ve got a bunch of eggs on a rock in the display tank, and a bucket set up for the fry, as well as rotifers in a different set up. I can’t be home at night when the eggs hatch, but can move the rock into the bucket in the afternoon, and drop and airstone in there. Will they be alright like that?
Thanks!
 
Please let us know if this works out. Good luck!
 
It’s been so long , but we would take out the night we expected them to hatch and put in a 10 gallon blackout tank connected to the same system where they hatched. Timing is everything. After a few times you know when to move.
 
Thanks for all the replies! so if I take out the eggs in the afternoon of the 7th day and put them into the bucket I have (set up with an airstone), they should be alright until the next morning, when I can add rotifers into there, right?
 
I think i'm going to start a separate thread documenting my entire process, feel free to take a look if you're interested!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new