How long do corals live.

Van Beck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bubble coral is over 30 years old. torch coral colony is over 20 years old also, but top colonies shadow the old colonies causing them to die back unless I split the new ones off and reposition them, just like what happens in the ocean.

Hawkaholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had softies and easier lps do well with only water changes (20% every 2-4 weeks with a 70-80% change every 9-12 months) for about 12 years - leather coral that reached 20” across and mushrooms that multiplied to plague portions. I had a hammer coral that got to be volleyball size - I still have a portion of it. My purple torch grew many heads. The only welso I’ve ever been able to keep alive arrived back then - it’s 13 and thriving now. A purple stylo that I had did quite well, but most acros just stalled out and eventually died. Lighting is critical too.

I started dosing 4-5 years ago when I moved and could not keep my pH up due to increased co2 levels. - I fixed that by removing the gas’s heater from my garage, but have continued dosing and enjoying the added coral health.

- edit sorry just looked at the date. ancient post.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.2%

Back