How long do eels take to grow.

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Snowflake and a Barred Eel. Both about 12-13". I had 15" Snowflake. He was considerable fatter than the 13". And noticably bigger. Unfortunately I did not heed warnings about sealing the top of the tank adequately and now he is gone. He was very pretty. So I'm wondering how long before these grow. Am I correct that it will be years until they get 24"?

lacybluemoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I hope you're right!
Mine seem to grow really fast. There is one thing peculiar that I watch my clownfish do when around my snowflakes, when they pass in front the stop and turn their heads toward the bottom as if they are bowing to eel and it’s like they just kinda lose their muscles for a second.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine seem to grow really fast. There is one thing peculiar that I watch my clownfish do when around my snowflakes, when they pass in front the stop and turn their heads toward the bottom as if they are bowing to eel and it’s like they just kinda lose their muscles for a second.
Fish will sometimes show their sides to eels and other predators to pretend they are bigger then they are. In fact that is why butterflies, angles, tangs etc look the way they do.

lacybluemoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish will sometimes show their sides to eels and other predators to pretend they are bigger then they are. In fact that is why butterflies, angles, tangs etc look the way they do.
Ok thank you. It just looks as if my clowns are showing respect to my eels as if they are curtsing and they just float by. I think it’s cool. Love my clowns and eels.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back