How long do you let your corals munch before turning back the wavemakers?

What's your powerheads downtime during feeding?


  • Total voters
    21
  • Poll closed .

potatocouch

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2016
Messages
617
Reaction score
219
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As per the subject, how long do you leave the wavemakers off to let all your tank inhabitants munch their food?

I understand if you broadcast, you may say zero downtime but when you target feed, you may say 10 minutes or 1 hour perhaps.

So what's your wavemaker downtime during corals and fish feeding ?
 
I chose 10-15 minutes. Sometimes longer. Our mandarins feed at that time as well so once there done I usually turn everything back on.
 
I turn everything off including the return for about 30 minutes once a week then perform a small water change. Occasionally I will do a second target feedings during the week but I usually leave the return on and leave the powerheada off 20-30. The corals being finished eating is more of an indicator for me then the time.
 
When I spot feed a sludge of reef roids and reef energy about 30 mins. And when I do a mix of frozen, reef energy, reef roids and pallets about 1 hour. I have to unplug my power head because feeding time it's only 10 mins
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new