how long do you mix fresh sw?

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Marc I just got me a 160g poly tank that looks like yours. I saw it in the back ground of one of your pics. It has the black screw on top and then the outlet at the bottom. Couple questions.

Did your smell like plastic real bad and did you rinse it?

How do you have it set up and do you have any pics?

Thanks bro.

Sorry, didn't see this post.

When I bought it, it was brand new and smelled of plastic. However, it was sitting outside when I bought it and then it sat outside for another month while the fishroom's concrete floor was poured. I did rinse it out with a garden hose.

I have lots of pictures, including how to plumb it. Reef Addicts - Plumbing Primer - how to do it correctly

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet Marc! That is just like the one I got except mine is smaller. I could not have asked for any better detail! Thank you.

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did add a valve right above the Tee fitting to force all the water out the horizontal feed once the tank was drained. So you may want to add one yourself, if you see the need. I wasn't rushed to fill the tank, but you could tell some was going back into the vat when I was filling my tank.

kingfisherfleshy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Perhaps keeping yours running for a longer period of days raised the water temperature to the point you got the white film. I use a Tunze pump to mix salt in my 55g barrel, and it adds no heat at all. I have to add a heater to warm it up to make it tank ready.

Yea, I wonder. This time I will mix with only the pump...and put the heater in that morning and let it work the water up to temperature for a couple hours. I also will only mix for one night, thanks for your help!

I usually make my water the night before I use it but feel comfortable using it as soon as its mixed up well and the temp is the same as my tank. Never had a white film though.

I am going to try not to leave my water for longer than over night again I dont think.

Back