How long do you think a fish can live out of water

BlazinNano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ones I catch when I go fishing live a couple mins while I get hooks out, measured, weigh, and picture taken before they are thrown back. Only had one die on my and that was a Sail Catfish. Only fish I will not touch without a glove. Did not have the glove got the hook out but he did not hit the water he hit the deck.

moto826

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol funny stuff came back to read again and was gone so tell us how long please

jaytizzle

Fish Pro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... I wonder where this question came from? It could generate some interesting conversation!

I have never tried it with any ornamental fish. I have never had a successful rescue of a jumper who had been out more than a minute or so though.

As far as sportfishing, most everything I catch goes in the ice chest so I'm sure they don't last long!

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I deleted the original question because I did not want to upset anyone.

The short story, I have a fish I can not catch-I've been trying to catch it with a fish trap the last 5 days, and have thought about taking all the rock work out or what ever I need to.

I am willing to drain my tank to below the sand so this rotten SOB will be out of water and will die-its not the fish's fault-its the LFS that told me a neon dottyback would be a fine fish for my reef-NOT

That's the story-I need this gone, and am willing to drain the tank to below the sand and spraying the corals with Saltwater to keep them wet for an hour if needed to kill this guy, and all the sponges will die, the copepods will most likely die..

I'm at the end of my rope

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should live as long as the coral because there will be water dripping from the rock and you spraying to keep coral wet will also keep him wet. I think they die faster if there out of water because there gills dry out

I got my pest female clown out yesterday after trying for a month so dont give up

JR's Reef

Joey08
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sumthin else you can try is get a coke bottle cut neck out of it turn the neck around fix it where it will stay add food put in tank he can go in easy but its hard for them to find there way back out. Thats the way I get smaller fish out of my tank Oh tie a line to it and walk away when you catch him in it pull the line

OP
OP
Reefnjunkie

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh sumthin else you can try is get a coke bottle cut neck out of it turn the neck around fix it where it will stay add food put in tank he can go in easy but its hard for them to find there way back out. Thats the way I get smaller fish out of my tank Oh tie a line to it and walk away when you catch him in it pull the line

tried that type of trap-no luck

Im gonna fire bomb the LFS that gave me bad advise-see how that works for them-:xd:

fashionphile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
true story - i sheet you not
about 2 years ago a friend of mine tore his cube down and brought it to my house. all the rock in a large plastic bin, fish and corals in buckets.
3 hours later, after I found a place to set up the tank, cleaned it throughly and added the corals and fish to another tank of mine I got to the rock in the bin. Placed it on a table and proceeded to clean every speck of hair algae off I could see. Suddenly while fiddling with the rock I saw a set of eyes blink. There he was a lawnmower blenny. Alive, well and kicking. couldnt believe my eyes..
Called my friend a few days later and told him and he said ooh sheet I forget about the blenny..
So my answer - 3 hours at least (must have had a water pocket somewhere in the rock work)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back