How long does Anthelia take to attach?

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have any experience with Anthelia Coral? I loosely tied some to some rocks. I don't want to mess with it too much. I have tied Sinularia and Xenia before but wondered how long Anthelia takes to attach.

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My own struggle with soft corals has found highly variable results for attachment times.
The old addage, a watched anthelia never attaches may be true? I think a fast time (without glue) would be a week, and average time of around 3 weeks is when I have found soft corals to have firmly attached so that they don't drift away when I removed the rubberband, or other restraint that I might be using.

That's one guess, lets see what others propose. I know once it gets attached and growing it can move a long way in the same three weeks!

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have any experience with Anthelia Coral? I loosely tied some to some rocks. I don't want to mess with it too much. I have tied Sinularia and Xenia before but wondered how long Anthelia takes to attach.
I'd just flush it while you can that stuff is ugly and will take your tank over like it did with half my tank

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you put it on an island? Like gsp and xenia? My LFS has 1000 gallon with a nice display of this in the front corner on an island. With all types of corals and advanced corals in their display tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back