How long does Marine Depot take to prepare shipment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Richard Hercher

Richard Hercher

View Badges
Reaction score
Update, showed up yesterday! Got everything straightened out Wednesday morning (I’m going to blame the bank, not marine depot for that delay), arrived Saturday. My kids loved the boxes!

Nano Doc

View Badges
Reaction score
Did my first order with them received all 4 T5s bulbs literally in powder(UPS is the worse) called and I was literally surprised at the ease I thought I would have to go through UPS claims but they handle it I’m definitely ordering from them again... oh and not to mention I order on a Thursday morning and my package was in my area by Saturday morning this really shocked me the speed.
I had the same problem. Ordered 6 T5 bulbs, they were all broken. I returned it and had it resend. Low and behold, 3 of them were broken again. I didn't send them back this time. Either there is a problem with the packaging , or UPS shipping department has gorillas ( my UPS driver is a young woman though)

Oshengems

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Ordered 6 T5 bulbs, they were all broken. I returned it and had it resend. Low and behold, 3 of them were broken again. I didn't send them back this time. Either there is a problem with the packaging , or UPS shipping department has gorillas ( my UPS driver is a young woman though)

I work in lower Manhattan and see them all the time UPS employees straight up don’t care, my package was hit righ on the label that says Fragile

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

I am very sorry to hear about the condition your bulbs arrived in! How long has it been since the replacement shipment was delivered? I would love for the opportunity to try and make things right.

We ship a out ton of light bulbs, as you might imagine. The # of damaged bulbs reported to us per week is surprisingly low, in the single digits (that's not number of orders, either, it's # of bulbs). So broken bulbs is a lot rarer than it used to be.

Anyhoo, that's probably not of much comfort considering you had two unsatisfactory deliveries. Feel free to ping me at [email protected] if you'd like to continue the conversation! Once again, I am sorry that this happened.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

pirate2876

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm not raggin on @MarineDepot but, when I did order t5 bulbs from you guys they all arrived broken. Of course you guys made it right, but you might want to hit up Uline for those firm cardboard shipping rolls for bulbs like BRS uses.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm not raggin on @MarineDepot but, when I did order t5 bulbs from you guys they all arrived broken. Of course you guys made it right, but you might want to hit up Uline for those firm cardboard shipping rolls for bulbs like BRS uses.

We love constructive criticism! Listening to our customers has served us well these past 20 years so we definitely value your feedback. :D

Thanks for the tip! I will share it with the logistics team now!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

I've been informed that we now use the same tubes to ship our bulbs in! :cool:

Jeff @ Marine Depot

OP
OP
Richard Hercher

Richard Hercher

View Badges
Reaction score
On a slight tangent, how do the rewards work? I created my account last month, signed up for the news letter, placed my order (received just my Purtex RODI 7 days ago), placed a review (don’t think it’s showed up yet, which is fine), but no rewards points showing up on the account yet. I want to order some color changing DI resin, and I’m not seeing any discount in the shopping cart. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place? Or should I wait longer? No rush, just pulling threads to see how all this works.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
On a slight tangent, how do the rewards work? I created my account last month, signed up for the news letter, placed my order (received just my Purtex RODI 7 days ago), placed a review (don’t think it’s showed up yet, which is fine), but no rewards points showing up on the account yet. I want to order some color changing DI resin, and I’m not seeing any discount in the shopping cart. Maybe I’m looking in the wrong place? Or should I wait longer? No rush, just pulling threads to see how all this works.

There is a Rewards Dashboard in your account where you can see the various ways to earn rewards, check your balance, account activity, and unlock rewards:

https://www.marinedepot.com/Manage/RewardsPoints

When you have enough points to unlock a reward, just click the CLAIM REWARD button underneath the reward you want and it will present you with a code that you can use at checkout. It's different than a coupon code—so technically you can use both for an order (that is, if there was a coupon you wanted to use).

Hope that helps!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

OP
OP
Richard Hercher

Richard Hercher

View Badges
Reaction score
There is a Rewards Dashboard in your account...
Jeff @ Marine Depot
Thanks! Yeah, the dashboard today is showing 45 points for reviews and questions (awesome!) but not the 100 points for setting up the account, the 10 points for newsletter subscription, or the ~143 points for my order. I did use a Welcome coupon for the order, do those orders still count towards earning rewards? Does it just take a month or so for those to show up? Thanks again!

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, the dashboard today is showing 45 points for reviews and questions (awesome!) but not the 100 points for setting up the account, the 10 points for newsletter subscription, or the ~143 points for my order. I did use a Welcome coupon for the order, do those orders still count towards earning rewards? Does it just take a month or so for those to show up? Thanks again!

Hi Richard,

I see what you see. I am working to get to the heart of the issue now. We'll make sure you get all the points you've earned, I promise!

I will follow up as soon as I know I have a better handle of what is going on. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

Thank you for your patience here. I am leaving for the day soon but will follow up here once I have some answers! Just didn't want you to think I forgot about you.

Thank you,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

I think we've got this all fixed for you now! ;)

Jeff @ Marine Depot

OP
OP
Richard Hercher

Richard Hercher

View Badges
Reaction score
I think we've got this all fixed for you now! ;)

Jeff @ Marine Depot
Thanks for all the help! Above and beyond. One last question and I will stop bugging you: how does the rodi filter media discount work? Does it show up in the cart or on the page for the filters, or after the purchase goes through? I’ve got a bag of resin in my cart and haven’t seen the 15% discount yet (Which might be normal?)

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help! Above and beyond. One last question and I will stop bugging you: how does the rodi filter media discount work? Does it show up in the cart or on the page for the filters, or after the purchase goes through? I’ve got a bag of resin in my cart and haven’t seen the 15% discount yet (Which might be normal?)

It's in our IT queue to make this discount happen automatically in the shopping cart for qualified customers since that would be the smoothest and easiest to understand presentation for customers. For now, the discount happens after the order is imported into our systems ... so we capture the full order amount and then credit you back the difference for all of the qualified items in your cart.

So, in short ... you don't have to do anything to make the discount happen. :D

And you are very welcome!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

OP
OP
Richard Hercher

Richard Hercher

View Badges
Reaction score
075476C4-B163-4ADA-8757-69D141885194.jpeg
It's in our IT queue to make this discount happen automatically in the shopping cart for qualified customers since that would be the smoothest and easiest to understand presentation for customers. For now, the discount happens after the order is imported into our systems ... so we capture the full order amount and then credit you back the difference for all of the qualified items in your cart.

So, in short ... you don't have to do anything to make the discount happen. :D

And you are very welcome!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back