How long does Marine Depot take to prepare shipment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I ordered the 100gpd Vertex Rodi; I love my LFS, but at $0.50 a gallon for Rodi water, 10 gallons a week, this thing will pay for itself in a year. Gotta call today to update payment info so they can get the tape guns out.

It’s required by law. 2019 is the year a LOT of states started forcing out of state sales tax collection.

Yea I noticed allot of places are now.. It should either not be in any state or all, it can make a difference on large ticket items and make it harder to compete for those in states that do charge a tax.

OP
OP
Richard Hercher

Richard Hercher

View Badges
Reaction score
Yea I noticed allot of places are now.. It should either not be in any state or all, it can make a difference on large ticket items and make it harder to compete for those in states that do charge a tax.
The way it works is if The State YOU live in charges sales tax, all US online retailers are now required to collect that tax and send it back to your state. Supreme Court ruled on this last year. So, it shouldn’t matter where you shop online, just where you live.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
The way it works is if The State YOU live in charges sales tax, all US online retailers are now required to collect that tax and send it back to your state. Supreme Court ruled on this last year. So, it shouldn’t matter where you shop online, just where you live.

I did not know that but not all places are charging me tax.

OP
OP
Richard Hercher

Richard Hercher

View Badges
Reaction score
I did not know that but not all places are charging me tax.
Oh yeah, THAT is the fustercluck they created! Now retailers who don’t know/haven’t implemented rediculous variable state tax collection schemes can be targeted by out-of-state attorney generals for paying sales tax they failed to collect this year. Good news is that interstate trade is a federal responsibility, so US congress CAN write laws simplifying or overturning this nonsense. But it’s got to get attention first.

cain720

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This is what I thought, but I ordered something from an online retailer yesterday and was not charged sales tax. Last week I ordered something from a different online retailer and WAS charged sales tax.

I'm not sure why this is; maybe the online retailer unknowingly will have to cover the sales tax, but 8% on a $350 order is pretty significant so I can't complain.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
All set, Christian took care of me as soon as I called this morning!

He sits one row over from me now—so he is my go-to guy for helping with social media inquiries. I am sure he appreciates it. LOL I am glad we got things squared away! Thank you so much for shopping with us. We truly appreciate your business. :D

Jeff @ Marine Depot

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
I made my first purchase through Marine Depot this morning at about 10am EST, got a confirmation email with an order number, wondering what folks experience is on orders going out the warehouse (I can wait, just curious).

Agreed= next business day and generally at your home the 3rd day

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your Marine Depot shopping experiences here on R2R! ;Cat

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Just did a larger order two weeks ago and the reason I use Marine depot as I can count on fast arrival

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
What'd ya get?! ;Pompus

Jeff @ Marine Depot

2 large bottles Of Korallen Zucht ( one was Complex) , Large controller panel, acrylic scraper blades and Labels

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Oh, boy! A controller board? What are you going to mount on it? :D:D:D

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Apex 2016 system and components. Will be All Apex. I have a second board for remaining accessories. All going on a new system arriving next weekend ( 660 G)

600g2.jpg

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Very exciting! We would love to follow your next build thread!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

This will be added sales for my favorite vendor. Yes, there will be a build thread especially now that I know how to structure a step after step format

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
They have always been next day for me. The only issue Ive ever had with them was one time I ordered a Maxspect gyre 230 and for some warehouse coding reason they sent me a case of pumps, like 6 of them bundled together. I called to return the other 5 but they didn't believe me I had to send photos and everything before they would pay the return shipping. Other than that fantastic.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back